January - March (Richmond Ice Centre)
- For all "READY FOR REP" (2008-09) Players (3 years experience) who are currently PLAYING REP
- For all 2008-09 players (3 years experience) who have played in a Recreational, Spring or Recognized Hockey Program
- POD SYSTEM used by age group to evaluate and categorise players according to SKILL LEVEL
- GUARANTEEING THE MAXIMUM COMPETITIVE AND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR EACH PLAYER
OVERALL OBJECTIVES OF PRE-SEASON ADVANCED PROGRAM
- Dramatically Improve Power Skating/Edge Control/Mechanics and techniques
- Increase Aerobics and Endurance on ice and speed up recovery time on bench
- Accelerate Speed, Mobility, Agility, and Quickness with intense interval Sprints
- Improve On ice Balance, Power, Compete Skills with longer, more challenging skating sessions.
- Achieve increased on ice work ethic, determination, checking and puck battling skills
- Work to upgrade Shooting, Stickhandling, Passing and Game Play techniques
Advanced Gameplay / Compete Program
THIS SESSION IS PREPARED AND SET ACCORDING TO THE AGE OF EACH OF THE GROUPS AND SERVES AS A MOTIVATOR TO ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO COMPETE MORE EFFICIENTLY AND TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
- Offensive zone tactics:Winning One-on-One battles: forechecking, in front of net, gaining body position in front of net, scoring, cycling
- Defensive Zone tactics: Determined defensive positioning, srong angling, puck protection and competition, back checkig
- Winning battles: Safely with respect for opponent, Compete at all times, puck control, one-on-0ne battles, working for loose pucks
- Competing, Determination, Small Games
- Body Checking: (Age eligibile only) giving and taking, where and when to use it, degree of force, personal and opponent safety concerns
The Rewards are Great
Our After School Program is designed to take each player’s skill set and skating to the next level focusing at all times on maximizing each player’s natural abilities and developing these talents to their fullest.
This advanced program follows the Guidelines of Hockey Canada’s 2020 Short and Long Term Skating, Skills and Development Program which was developed and upgraded in recognition of the rapid escalation of skills of the European Hockey Player.